The Herreshoff Marine Museum / America’s Cup Hall of Fame is working with a highly respected global travel agency to create a first-class hospitality program for our friends and supporters to be a part of the 33rd America’s Cup, currently scheduled from February 8 – 12, 2010 in Valencia, Spain. is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will feature a battle between Alinghi’s sleek catamaran and the stunning winged tri of BMW ORACLE Racing.
We are seeking expressions of interest from our friends so that we may better plan the experience. Details of the package, including dates, will be finalized as soon as possible based upon response. Due to timing, when final details are announced, reservations will require payment in full.
If you would be interested in participating, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
This exclusive package will include:
– Round trip airfare from NY to Valencia
– Five-star hotel accommodations for seven nights, including breakfast
– Seven dinners, including a Gala Event
– VIP Hospitality Program for three race days, including:
VIP shore lounge
VIP spectator boat with expert commentary
Champagne toast on board
On-board gourmet buffet lunch
Wine, beer, soft drinks available throughout the day
Souvenir on-board gift
Post-race debrief with aperitif in VIP shore lounge
– Land transfers to and from airport, between hotel and VIP lounge, and to
Price not to exceed $8,975 per person (double occupancy).
Options (prices TBD):
– Business class airfare upgrade from economy
– Single occupancy hotel room
– Suite upgrade from double room
– Extended stay if races are postponed due to weather
– Additional hospitality days, if more than three races are sailed
– Currently planned race calendar is best of three races, with race days scheduled for February 8, 10, and 12 (if needed).
– Defender and Challenger are currently negotiating regatta details. Race dates and number of races could change.
– Best of five or best of seven races are under discussion, with first race day February 12.
– NOR calls for maximum wind speed of 15 kts for racing, with maximum sea state of 1 metre swells. Races could be delayed or postponed due to weather.